The vision of the ILLL is to emerge and make a mark in the realms of lifelong learning and higher education through information and communication technology across the world.
The mission of the ILLL is to stimulate, support and sustain a university-wide transformation of educational and lifelong learning curricula & content and capacity building for greater awareness, acceptance and participation in and practice of the ethos of lifelong learning and ICT enabled instruction, learning and assessments by the entire DU fraternity.
Objectives of the ILLL are
- Development of curriculum based multimedia content for its seamless availability to all the teachers and the students of University of Delhi.
- Setting up of a collaborative virtual learning environment for hosting content for interactions on various academic topics and issues.
- Organizing workshops, seminars and conferences for capacity building in ICT and for the DU faculty.
- Organising innovative and intellectually stimulating programmes of faculty development and for administrators and staff of University of Delhi and institutions of higher education.
- Fostering institutional collaborations- national as well as international- toward furthering the vision, mission and objectives of ILLL.
- Organising life enriching, employability enhancing and career-oriented courses for the students of University of Delhi. Steady improvement in the portfolio, content and reach of such programmes for all.
- Development of DU Capabilities and Expertise on the matters pertaining to life long learning and ICT mediated instruction, learning and assessments.
- Education, research and training on best practices and innovations in the areas of lifelong learning and ICT-enabled instruction, learning and assessments.
- Incubating innovations in Curricula and Content of Higher Education.
10.Encouraging university-wide awareness about and commitment to total quality of educational services and mentoring any initiative/s in this regard.
- Undertaking and promoting any initiative, activity or programme either on own or in collaboration with any institution- public or private, Indian or foreign- engaged in similar activities.
- To procure, own, use and dispose of any movable or immovable assets / resources/ facilities and hire/ outsource any personnel/ services in the course of performance of its functions and for the attainment of its vision, mission and objectives.